Thai Style Peanut Noodles
The leftover peanut butter dip from yesterday is going to make dinner tonight so much simpler. By combining it with rice noodles and some veggies this recipe makes for a super easy, quick and delicious meal. Feel free to add chicken, prawns or even tofu if you would like to keep it vegetarian.
250 gms rice noodles
2 tbsp neutral oil
1 medium sized carrot, julienned
1 green bell pepper, julienned
4 spring onions, white parts chopped, green parts reserved for garnish
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 1 - inch piece ginger, chopped
1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
salt to taste
3 tbsp Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce
handful of cilantro, washed and chopped
2 tbsp toasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain under running water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat and add the carrots, bell pepper and white parts of the spring onion. Saute for two minutes, stirring on and off until they start to wilt slightly but are still snappy.
3. Add garlic, ginger and chilli flakes and continue to saute for another minute. Season to taste - keep in mind there is soya in the dip as well.
4. Add the peanut dip and continue mixing on medium high heat until the the vegetables are well coated and the mixture smells fragrant.
5. Add the noodles and toss well until well combined with the rest of the ingredients. Serve in individual bowls and top with cilantro, spring onions, peanuts and a squeeze of lime.